While our originally scheduled Spirit of the Marys: Silent Auction and Solstice Celebration had to be postponed due to COVID-19, we still celebrated the solstice this year with our first ever 5K foot race and 50K bike race!
From June 1st to June 21st, participants could track their running/walking/rolling or bike distance and welcome the summer by exploring the Marys River watershed (or by exploring the watershed in spirit from another place).
Participants joined to celebrate the Marys River watershed from Oregon, New York, Florida, and even Switzerland, to name a few. Some shared photos of their race on our Facebook event page. In addition, the Council received over $300 in donations!
Those who wanted were able to compete for either fastest time or most distance and win a Marys River Watershed Council shirt!
We were excited to congratulate the following participants as winners in their categories:
- Fastest 5K Run: Nic P. with time of 20:34
- Longest Distance Run/Walked/Rolled in One Day: Cody H. with 17 kilometers in one day
- Most Distance Run/Walked/Rolled over the Month: Bettye C. with 143 kilometers
- Fastest 50K Bike: Caleb B. with time of 2:33:22
- Greatest Distance Biked in One Day: Erin H. with 47 kilometers
- Most Distance Biked over the Month: Dionné M. with 173 kilometers
Thank you to everyone who participated as well as to our terrific sponsors: Running Princess, Peak Sports, Corvallis Cyclery, and Five Star Sports!
Leave a Reply